Emotion coaching based on Western science and Tantric philosophy
My emotion coaching is based on scientifically proven psychological and Tantric philosophical principles. These principles, applied together in a practical way, form a coaching method which lays the base to live life from a place of strength and happiness. This method helps you to let go of old pain, to be able to daily choose how you feel and to strengthen the connection with yourself and others.
Many people know Tantra only as a tool for sexuality. There, the Tantric principles have been applied to sexuality. My coaching is comprehensive and has no specific focus on Tantra sex.
Tantric philosophic principles
You are consciousness
You are not what you are raised to believe you are. You are not your ego, thoughts and emotions. Awakening is understanding the idea that you are the presence and consciousness within you.
Every day awakening
A big part of the Tantric practice is that you don’t have to put your awakening
on hold until the circumstances are seemingly perfect – you can do it right here and right now in everyday activities.
Social conditioning and our ideas of ourself hold us back. We create a prison of taboos, fears and discomforts in the unconscious. Liberation is the decision to be free of that which is not true to the truth of us.
Consciousness is unbound
Your consciousness is not bound to any specific ideas, trauma, race or gender. Not being liberated is about artificially constricting our being, aliveness and flow of energy to the ideas given to us by society and external imprints.
Liberation means aliveness
Liberation feels like meeting every moment with a sense of freshness and aliveness.
Everything has consciousnessOr:
Everything is God
Everything is One
There is divinity in everything
There is a unifying presence and consciousness in everything
There are stages in this:
Stage of uniqueness
Being completely yourself and fully inhabiting your divinity in the unique way that it expresses itself through you.
Stage of connectedness
That the consciousness of you is the consciousness of everything, means that everything is connected and this can be a wonderful feeling.
Stage of connection to
the formless ground of being
Which is the fertile emptiness that is the creation of everything, the source of everything.
Tantra principles applied to coaching
A big part of tantric coaching is breaking the identification with your ego, thoughts and emotions. This means that you can choose to observe and influence them instead of letting yourself be ruled by them.
We are whole
We can feel broken, hurt and irreparably damaged, but this is not the truth of who we are. In the coaching we allow these seemingly broken parts to surface. By loving and accepting them they will integrate and this breaks the illusion of being broken. Healing is about allowing and loving all parts of yourself.
Observing your inner life is meditation. In Tantric philosophy, meditation can be practiced in everything you do: while eating, exercising, making love or just sitting in stillness.
Free from conditioning
In tantric coaching we become aware of our (unconcious) beliefs and see in what way they limit our growth, thriving and happiness. By recognizing this and choosing what we want to believe rather than what society has told us to believe, we can create the life and internal reality we desire.
One of humans strongest motivations is to be accepted and belong. This means that if we sense or are told that some part of us is not approved, we suppress this part and force it into the unconscious. Our lack of awareness gives these parts a big influence and power. In the coaching we get to understand and love our suppressed parts, this way they lose their control over us.
Create your desired life
Freeing ourselves from social conditioning frees us from living a life other people expect. We can choose to shape every part of our life. This is a big responsibility, but also releases us from being the victim of life’s challenges and shows how to be the creator of our life.
Everything has consciousness
Our body is alive
Everything has consciousness, means every part of our body has consciousness, both physical and metaphysical parts. The latter can consist of emotions, beliefs, or persona (the wise woman for example). It is possible to observe these and connect to them. The feeling of being our own worst enemey, comes from the opposing desires or beliefs these parts can have. Integrating them is the basis of healing and will lead to in- and external harmony.
To see the beauty and magic of who we are, plays a big part in coaching. Feeling different gives a sense of not belonging and being abnormal. Understanding that everyone is unique, lifts the pressure of having to be or act a certain way and creates space to allow who we truly are.
What is outside is also inside
Everything being One also means that what’s outside of you is also inside of you. We try to change our context when we don’t like something, sometimes by asking people around us to change. While this can work, going inside and healing old wounds is much more effective.
What is the effect of
- Thoughts and emotions no longer have power over you: you are able to direct your emotions.
- Worrying is a thing of the past. You will no longer be held back by fears, you can quickly let go of anger (and use it to stand up for yourself) and sadness is given space, so that you no longer have to ignore this.
- That part inside of you, which you think is broken and can never be healed is brought to light. By letting out everything you keep hidden within yourself, you see that underneath there is love and joy and that this is an inexhaustible source of energy.
- You give yourself more and more space to be who you are, to think what you believe and to do what makes you happy. The opinion and judgment of others is given the place it deserves instead of being predominant.
- You are no longer in daily battle with your thoughts, feelings and desires, but you experience connection and harmony within yourself, and by extension of this, also with others.
- Instead of worrying and weighing pro’s and cons you know deep inside of you, what you want and feel. As a result, you no longer have doubts, you create the life you desire and you are able to clearly communicate all these things to other people.
- By understanding the beauty of uniqueness, you will no longer desire to be ‘normal’ and you will be able to live how you want to live, independent of others peoples expectations.
- To change your life you no longer have to tackle one area of life at a time: By turning inward you change the epicenter and each area of life changes as a result.
- Being inside of your body, instead of your mind makes you feel grounded and balanced, and creates space for joy and connection.
The sun shines on your face and you open your eyes. You feel well rested. Then you laugh softly to yourself, because you remember that even in your dream you were happy. You spoon your lover and are filled with love and gratitude for the love you share.
Your mind wanders to the day to come and you feel excitement. Today is an ordinary day, but you get to do the work that fulfills you and you love. You finish work early so you can go for a run and then you and your lover go out to dinner with friends.
You get up because you can’t wait to start your day. You feel excited, thankful and so alive!